What do software developers, programmers or coders do after coding the whole day

Honestly, in the past I would have told you I spend hours every night learning new technologies and frameworks while pouring hundreds of hours into pet projects I never finished….
However, today, I’d tell you this:
What I do that helps me be a better developer, is I leave it (to the best of my ability) at work. I focus on my well being. I focus on getting enough sleep. I focus on eating well. I focus on exercising.
Most importantly, I focus on enjoying the life I am working for. I make sure I have hobbies I love. I focus on my relationships, and family building.
Maintaining mental health is critical to being a successful developer. You can’t code well on 3 hours of sleep and 4 red bulls forever. You can’t write a good web api when you’re thinking about your wife asking for a divorce because you are always on the computer.
For me, it’s absolutely critical that I take care of my life so that I may have a clear conscience to focus on my work. I constantly remind myself, I work for my life, life is not my work

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use Django Bootstrap Modal Forms

Everything you need to know when developing an on demand service app

Documentation is Very vital before you develop any system or app